NuffNang

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A concert that people will go Goo Goo Ga Ga!

 

When Pitbull concert was announced to be held at Surf Beach @ Sunway Lagoon on Dec 1, 2011,   lots of my friends and media contacts had contacted me. Amongst the questions they’ve asked was whether could I extend any discount for ticket purchase if not, extend some media complimentary tickets to them?

My stand for my friends was: “Kindly please purchase your tickets from the ticketing agent. There should be discount for early bird.”

My statement for my media contact was : “Lemme try arrange for you directly from the organizer.”

Speaking from my experience as a P.R. practitioner as well as a person who was from the media before, I believe that in order for any events to be successful, there must be extensive media support and coverage. P.R practitioners must always remember that without the support from the media, no matter how good a concert could be, the coverage for the event may not be as good as expected. Ad dollars could only bring awareness, but it does not bring an insight to the public over the event.

For ‘smarter’ events people, they turn around saying that “Events are the core of every companies. Marketing PR is just a supporting division to the events.”

I leave the above quote for you to judge. As an industry practitioner, you tell me what are your thoughts to these statements?

As you are aware that my passion is in photography and I earn a living from doing commissioned photography works apart from being a PR practitioner, Pitbull Concert photography has added another credential to my photo portfolio.

The photos below were taken by Canon EOS 1D MkIV and Canon’s latest EF 8-15mm f4L Fish Eye Lens; technical details are tagged to the pics.

Tech Details: Shutter Speed: 1/32, Aperture: f4.5, ISO: 2500

LKP_5340aWORDEDJPG_resize

Tech Details : Shutter Speed: 1/64, Aperture: f5.6, ISO: 3200

LKP_5487aWORDEDJPG_resize

No comments:

Post a Comment